The 48th International Film Festival Molodist presents the 'Special Events' - a series of independent film screenings outside the traditional festival program. This year the festival brought movies from different parts of the world: Great Britain, USA, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Germany, Moldova, Switzerland.
Among others, the program includes recent works of the Molodist former contestants - Koen Mortier, Simon Jaquemet and the Best Feature Film winner of the 46th KIFF Molodist Guillaume Senez.
Movies of the ‘Special Events’ programme
- Alien, Ridley Scott, UK, USA, 1979, 117
- Memory - The Origins of Alien, Alexandre O. Philippe, USA, 2019, 95'
- Our Struggles, Guillaume Senez, Belgium, France, 2018, 98'
- The Innocent, Simon Jaquemet, Switzerland, Germany, 2018, 114
- Forman vs. Forman, Helena Třeštíková, Jakub Hejna, Czech Republic, 2019, 77
- Angel, Koen Mortier, Belgium, Netherlands, Senegal, 2018, 105’
- Zero Impunity, Nicolas Blies, Stephane Hueber-Blies, Denis Lambert, Luxembourg, France, 2018, 90'
- Smuggling Hendrix, Marios Piperides, Cyprus, Germany, 2018, 92'
- Clergy, Wojciech Smarzowski, Польща / Poland, 2018, 133'
- The Little Death, Annie Gisler , Switzerland, 2018, 61’
- Beautiful Corruption, Eugen Damaschin, Moldova, 2018, 108’
Retrospective program "Century"
The "Century" program was launched in 2008. At the 48th Molodist it is represented by four films, each dedicated to 100th birthday of outstanding world cinema masters. Molodist introduces the selection of classics from the United States, Italy, Great Britain, the Netherlands - vivid, tragic and sensual works that approached the world recognition of Dino De Laurentiis, Jack Palance, Donald Pleasence and Sacha Vierny.
Movies of the ‘Century’ programme
- La Strada, Federico Fellini, Italy, 1954, 102 (Century of Dino De Laurentiis)
- City Slickers, Ron Underwood, USA, 1991, 112 (Century of Jack Palance)
- Cul-de-sac, Roman Polanski, UK, 1966, 112 (Century of Donald Pleasence)
- A Zed & Two Noughts, Peter Greenaway, UK, Netherlands, 1985, 115 (Century of Sacha Vierny)