Molodist: The Series Pitching
The series pitching project will take place for the first time on the platform of the «Molodist» Film Festival, and its main goal will be not only to promote and develop the Ukrainian series product, but also to update modern narratives and increase the concentration of local creative content. The partners of the project are 1+1 Media, the general media partner of the film festival; Kyivstar TV platform; and the official partner of the film festival, the media service MEGOGO.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS — MAY 15, 2021.
Only Ukrainian projects are allowed to participate. The working language of the project is Ukrainian.
The final part of the competition will take place within the framework of the 50th Kyiv International Film Festival «Molodist» on June 2 at Kooperativ HUB. The winner will receive a prize fund of $ 25,000 in the form of financial and technical resources for the creation of a teaser, a media support and a promotion of the project. The exclusive presentation of the winning project will take place on the partner platform 1+1 Media — Kyivstar TV and MEGOGO.
Requirements for film projects:
- Only citizens of Ukraine, residents of the country and refugees with a certain official status are allowed to participate.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian language by participants is must.
- The main team of the project (director, producer, screenwriter) is formed.
- Projects should be submitted only in the format of series with a defined plan of episodes and seasons.
- Series projects are allowed only from the first season.
- The original concept, adaptation and remake are allowed to be submitted.
- All genres of series and formats are allowed to participate, preference will be given to series in the format of 20-25 and up to 40 minutes.
- The winner of the pitching undertakes to film and publish the project (teaser) by the end of 2021 and to transfer the rights to the premiere on the Megogo and Kyivstar TV platforms.
- The scenario of the pilot series should be submitted in the completed form at the II stage of selection.
- All documents are submitted online including the deadline.
- One company can submit up to 2 projects.
Requirements for the package of documents at the first stage:
- Completed application.
- A short description (up to 250 words), which tells the essence of the project.
- Synopsis of the project (up to 1200 words) with a specific format, a list of episodes and a detailed idea, character development and plot.
- Preliminary script for the pilot episode, including timing and title.
- Preliminary consolidated budget for the pilot episode.
- Financial plan of the whole series.
- Photo of the main team (screenwriter, producer, director).
- Company description or a brief bio of the main members of the production team.
Based on the results of the pitching, the jury of experts will select the best project that will receive the main prize — it’s a funding for a teaser of the series and a media support on partner platforms, as well as the project processing and its inclusion in the distribution portfolio of 1+1 Media. The serial pitching jury reserves the right not to select the best project if it does not meet the evaluation criteria.